The leading personalities and elites of Basugaon area feeling the necessity of a College at Basugaon keep a pondering over the establishment of a college as no institution of higher education came into being even after the elapse of a few decades after independence. As a result of that noble and honest effort initiated by the intelligentia of Basugaon, today’s premier educational institution of Chirang District, Basugaon College, was established in 1986 with the noble mission of bringing college education with the reach of common people.
The formal letter of permission to start first year classes of T.D.C (Arts) was received by the college in the session 1988-89. Later, Gauhati University provided permission to start second and third year classes from the academic session 1989-90 and 1993-94 respectively.
The college received the first Govt. concurrence w.e.f. 1988-89 and the final concurrence w.e.f. 1994-95 respectively. Finally, the Director of Higher Education, Assam Send his proposal for deficit grant in aid status to Basugaon College to the Govt. of Assam in 1988. The college has been recognized 2(f) & 12(B) by UGC Act. 1956 and provincialised since 1st January 2013 by Govt. of Assam.
Ever since, this College promises to provide quality education for the socio-economically and educationally disadvantaged people of Basugaon and its neighbouring areas.
The College has Completed 32 years, and during this period many students of this college have come out successfully to reach their destination with good job and establishment.
Providing and quality education in main goal by imparting effective, supportive, accessible and affordable learning environment through academic pursuits and co-curricular activities.
– To transform college into a Centre of Excellence
– To make higher education accessible to all sections of society.
– To support the students to bloom their dreams.
– To Prepare students for a positive and productive contribution towards the development of society
– To introduce innovative technique to make teaching learning process more effective
– To make assessment of students performance and provide remedial measures.
– To give importance upon all round development of the students keeping in mind the changing needs and trends of the society.